The BEST Project Organizational Learning Scholarship and Award Policy
The BEST Project Organizational Learning Scholarship is in place to help organizations reach individual professional development and/or capacity building goals and it is provided to assist organizations with educational expenses. It is our hope that through board, staff and volunteer participation and effective implementation of the learning materials, the organization will demonstrate an increase in effective nonprofit leadership and improved success in achieving the organizational mission.
The purpose of the Scholarship Award Policy is to provide consistent guidelines for awarding scholarships to the Genesee County nonprofit community. Through the effective use of these guidelines, the number of organizations receiving organizational learning awards will be maximized. Your acceptance of a scholarship indicates that you have read and understand the policy.
Organizational Learning Scholarships awarded through the BEST Project are for workshops and other designated events as indicated on the BEST Professional Development and Events Calendar. Sessions that are ineligible for a scholarship will be noted.
For scholarship consideration:
- An organization must submit a letter of request with a brief (100 words or less) description of what the organization has done to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to organizational development. You must demonstrate a need for this scholarship.
- Individuals not affiliated with an organization must submit a brief (100 words or less) description as to the expected use of the learning opportunity. The description must demonstrate a past and future commitment to the nonprofit community. You must demonstrate a need for this scholarship.
- The letter of request must be submitted to Jenni Dones at firstname.lastname@example.org (email is the preferred method) or PO Box 3128, Flint, MI 48502 at least one (1) week prior to the workshop.
A scholarship award may be granted to a single organization or unaffiliated individual twice per calendar year.
- The application will remain on file for one calendar year. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Organizations may submit a request for up to ten (10) individuals (staff, board and/or volunteers) for a single event. Please see the specific session for any exceptions.
- Upon receipt of two awards, an organization or unaffiliated individual is no longer eligible for future consideration during the calendar year.
- Scholarship awards may be reduced or canceled by BEST if it is determined that the organization is over awarded.
Once awarded a scholarship, if the awardee(s) does not provide notification of inability to attend the event 48 hours prior to the date, the organization will be required to pay the registration fee(s) in full to the BEST Project.